Sign in to follow this  
Red

Issue starting the game, Gepard error and Avira

So I've never had this error with any private server, but the first time I extracted the game files to the folder and started the patcher my antivirus flagged Gepard as a problem and deleted it.  So I made it an exception and installed the game again, but now I get two errors and the game just won't launch at all.  Anyone know what to do with this?

4pMElQ8.png

Hey, I am also getting stuck. I ran it in administrator and the gepard shield loads but it gets stuck there without the client opening. I've tried to start the game from both the patcher and from tro.exe. It gives me no error, it just gets stuck there. I've already re-downloaded the zip file like 3 times already. Any ideas?

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Felix said:

Hey, I am also getting stuck. I ran it in administrator and the gepard shield loads but it gets stuck there without the client opening. I've tried to start the game from both the patcher and from tro.exe. It gives me no error, it just gets stuck there. I've already re-downloaded the zip file like 3 times already. Any ideas?

I have the same problem

Edited by LordGans

Posted (edited)

okay that worked for me : deinstall all , unzip tRO , !!Dont run Patcher now!! , start avira or your antivirus , put gepard.dll as exception before u patch, then patch and start the game

Edited by rato
solution

@LordGansIf the GepardShield loads and sits waiting, then you may have to change your graphics option for RO in the OpenSetup.exe -- you should use DirectX instead of the graphics card in that menu.

I give up. Getting the same error popups as Red. Re-downloaded the client, recovered the Gepard.dll from Avira quarantine right after unzipping, tried to run the patch with deactived avira and windows firewall, still the same result.

Ah reinstalling and running it as admin fixed the problem for me, also had to make an exception for Avira so it didn't get picked up and everything seems to be running now!

Thank you guys

Finally got it to work. Had to deactivate Avira and firewall before I unzipped the client folder.