Sign in to follow this  
Sairin

Bounty Boards Expansion

Posted (edited)

Hi, I was wondering if staff have the ability to possibly add more bounty boards in the future to expand upon the ones copied from iRO. Actually the bounty board system was invented and designed by a player of iRO, but you can see from the forums over there that the bounty board project was abandoned by staff after first being implemented, with only Nightmare Clock Tower bounty being added later. Some quotes from the player who designed the boards:

"The Bounty Boards project was originally conceived to make world maps worth leveling on again so it was intended for all towns to have their own set of Bounty Boards. Unfortunately, 2 years of resistance from the iRO team was what finally killed the original project off. - 17 March 2016"

"[They] wanted me off the project and that's what they got. Nothing more to say. [...] The result of them ignoring me for a whole year. [...] All I wanted was some decent communication of what they were capable of and they didn't even want to give me that when I've already spent 2 years designing and managing the boards. - 26 March 2017"

Of course we are yet to get various content / monsters but if possible for now a Morroc, Aldebaran, Niflheim, Lutie and (if currently implemented) Robot Factory bounty board could be options. They didn't get in iRO's first implementation but in 2014 the player designing the bounty boards made a post mentioning the plan to have them, it's just that as mentioned the staff kind of abandoned the project. The monsters they suggested for it were.

"Morroc

-Mummy
-Isis
-Verit
-Zerom
-Requiem
-Marduk
-Minorous
-Pasana
-Picky
-Baby Desert Wolf
-Scorpion
-Metaller
-Sandman
-Hode

Lutie

-Cookie (Green)
-Cookie (Red)
-Myst Case
-Cruiser

Aldebaran

-Rideword
-Punk
-Clock
-Alarm
-Drainliar
-Arclouze
-High Orc
-Penomena
-Bathory

Robot Factory (Juno)

-Aliza
-Alicel
-Aliot

Niflheim
Niflheim's board would be located inside the tool shop itself due to the town being dangerous.

-Disguise
-Loli Ruri

((My Note: Could also add for Niflheim -- Dullahan, Gibbet, Bloody Murderer, Quve, Heirozoist))

Other future areas that we don't have yet but were also mentioned in their plan:

Einbroch

-Teddy Bear
-Venomous
-Noxious
-Mole
-Metaling

(( My Note: Could add for Einbroch: Pitman, Porcellio, Mineral, Obsidian ))

Rachel

-Roween
-Hill Wind
-Drosera
-Anacondaq
-Desert Wolf
-Vanberk
-Isilla
-Hodremlin
-Seeker
-Echio
-Agav
-Siroma
-Snowier
-Ice Titan

Veins

-Stapo
-Muscipular
-Magmaring
-Galion
-Kasa
-Knocker
-Salamander
-Ghoul
-Banshee
-Ragged Zombie
-Zombie Slaughter
-Necromancer

--- Expansion Towns and Islands ---

I don't think the player who designed the boards mentioned them, perhaps it was something they were going to delve into later but due to the lack of staff response they dropped the project. Personally I think the islands and expansion towns are also worthy of bounty board treatment though.

Louyang

Mi Gao, Jing Guai, Yao Jun, Mao Guai, Zhu Po Long

Kunlun (Gonryun)

Bloody Butterfly, Enchanted Peach Tree, Zipper Bear, Taoist Hermit, Evil Nymph

Ayothaya

Leaf Cat, Tamruan, Kraben

Moscovia

Les, Wood Goblin, Mavka, Baby Yaga, Uzhas

Amatsu

Firelock Soldier, Miyabi Doll, Poisonous Toad, Tengu, Shinobi

Dewata

Comodo, Gullinbursti, Banaspaty, Butoijo

Turtle Island
No town / dangerous surface so board could be located in Alberta

Spring Rabbit, Dargon Tail, Permeter, Solider, Freezer

Byalan
Not sure if can save on surface since it's not a 'town', boards could be located in Izlude if not

Marina, Plankton, Kukre, Vadon, Cornutus, Marse, Obeaune, Marc, Phen, Swordfish, Merman, Strouf

Sunken Ship
Not sure if can save on surface since it's not a 'town', boards could be located in Izlude if not

Hydra, Pirate Skeleton

--- Future content / islands / expansion towns not yet implemented ---

Some of these have been heavily requested on iRO (mainly Verus and Lasagna) but again, the bounty board project seems to be neglected currently.

Port Malaya

Tikbalang, Tiyanak, Mangkukulam, Bungisngis, Engkanto, Mananaggal, Wakwak

Rock Ridge

Buffalo Bandit Duelist, Buffalo Bandit Sharpshooter, Coyote, Elite Buffalo Bandit Duelist, Elite Buffalo Bandit Sharpshooter, Gaster

Morroc (after destruction episode)

Incarnation of Morroc (three types)

Malangdo

Siorava, Red Eruma

Verus

Repair Robot, Explorer Robot, Repair Robot Turbo, Explorer Robot Turbo, Green Cenere, Smelly Zombie, Smelly Ghoul, Machine Component

Lasagna

Trans Spore, Scout Basilisk, Combat Basilisk, Jungle Madragora

I may have missed some area of Ragnarok Online, or some monsters, which others could rectify.

Edited by Sairin
Formatting
  • Like 1

I think with dungeon/mob/map spotlight boards are mostly unnecessary and just a decent bonus. 

Also some maps maps inherently make you more zeny easily than there so will always be farmed. (Toy factory as an example) Some maps get people farming them even without boards like Mi Gaos. 

I was originally of the idea if one place has boards they all need it, but that not necessarily true. Every map has drops that give you reason or it has other reasons. Whether it be good zeny, good job exp, etc. ayothaya with leaf cats is a good example of something niche. 

I personally feel the rotating maps will mix it up enough over time while also  not creating a stale meta where people only go to one place forever

Posted (edited)

Well, I think if we are going to use iRO's bounty board system at all, we might as well finish what they started. The current bounty board system is unfinished in the eyes of the person who created them, but the staff dropped the ball with carrying on the project. There's been a few threads on iRO forums about revitalizing the bounty board project but the original creator of the boards has given up trying to get the staff to engage.

I think we have an opportunity here, with more engaged staff, for the original idea of the boards to come to fruition, which was for them to be in every place. I think it makes sense as already in #main channel players are wondering why Morroc doesn't have any, for now I just tell them it's a copy from iRO who sadly neglected the project. Also I think Trojal mentioned that the bounty board system might be something they use to promote the server as a feature to bring in players, so might be good to give it attention in the future.

(iRO has both rotating spotlights and bounty boards, so they coexist over there too.)

Edited by Sairin

I like the idea of updating the bounty boards to add more areas, or one for each town. But while reading the list of updated monsters, I get to thinking... "so should there be a bounty board for every monster in the game?" and I don't know the answer to that. Is it just "for every monster that isn't in the top XX% of xp/hp ratios" for some value of XX?

Or is there some other defining characteristic of monsters/maps that makes it so they should have a bounty board?

Posted (edited)

^ Well one reason would be to have maps/bounties for hard/slow to level classes like Sages for example, who can't handle all aggro Anolians and similar and are stuck fighting 5000 exp monsters, considering we have weird monster spawns instead of the iRO ones.

I'm all for this suggestion, +1.

Edited by Morlord

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Trojal said:

I like the idea of updating the bounty boards to add more areas, or one for each town. But while reading the list of updated monsters, I get to thinking... "so should there be a bounty board for every monster in the game?" and I don't know the answer to that. Is it just "for every monster that isn't in the top XX% of xp/hp ratios" for some value of XX?

Or is there some other defining characteristic of monsters/maps that makes it so they should have a bounty board?

I think the original creator did think a bit about what to add and what not to. So they did seem to omit any that already have ridiculously high EXP value compared to their base lvl, since for the Morroc list they did not include Anubis for obvious reasons xD

For the lists that I made, I just picked whatever seemed to uniquely spawn on those maps in decent numbers, ignoring any pests / plants. But I didn't check the EXP values. I'm terrible at math, so please do omit any that are Anubis levels of absurd (Mi Gaos could be omitted like Charlie says if theyre stronk EXP by themselves). You could also omit any that generally don't seem worth it (e.g. for Verus not many players really bothered with the lab zombies, I guess maybe low spawn or because the Verus daily quests didn't include them). Also I surely missed a bunch, like I think I forgot Amatsu field with Karakasa and Kapha, apologies if there are more.

I think it's certainly not something that has to be done all in one go by any means or immediately, I'm sure checking the monster lists etc. would take time, just wanted to get the ball rolling. Plus as this is a progression server anyway most of this content isn't even in yet, no need to trouble yourself with those. At this point it's just great to know you have the ability to do it at all as I wasn't sure if creating a board would be complicated. Morroc could be a nice one to start with? I'll leave that up to others. :)

Oh and thank you for your consideration of this suggestion and all your efforts in general, best regards.

Edited by Sairin
Typo