Sign in to follow this  
Trojal

Eden Group Discussion

Ragnarok Renewal has a pretty big Eden Group quest line, which has hunting board quests to kill monsters for exp, and quests to get some class-appropriate equipment.

Anyone have experience with Eden Group quests and know if it's worth modifying to fit with a pre-renewal server experience? Because the hunting boards go up to level 150, for example, so they'd need to be modified.

To be honest, the custom iRO hunting boards (i.e. kill 150 of x monster, with a vip option of getting base+job exp, just base or just job) are way more worth it than the Eden quests, exp-wise.

Especially because the "kill 30 of x monster" Eden quests have a cooldown on them :P

The Eden equipment quests though... those I'd love to see! They provide decent free starting equip for everyone.

Yeah, I agree with Steph as well. I think you could make it so that there were more hunting boards across the maps / dungeons, as it might promote people spreading out and leveling in places they normally wouldn't. And then having Eden equipment quests would be nice. I don't know if it'd be a downside that having Eden equipment would basically remove the need to buy equipment from the NPCs as you start out? Would be interesting to hear others thoughts on this.

On 02/03/2018 at 7:24 PM, njosefbeck said:

I don't know if it'd be a downside that having Eden equipment would basically remove the need to buy equipment from the NPCs as you start out? Would be interesting to hear others thoughts on this.

I don't think that's a problem, really.

Considering most people have nothing when they start out, they just end up running around without any equipment rather than buying NPC equips xD

https://irowiki.org/wiki/Eden_Group_Equipments_Quests

Here's a quest guide + overview of what equip you're getting; better than NPC gear, but any decent carded gear will be better than these.

(and once you have some money and make a new character, are you really gonna bother doing the quests to get Eden equip on there?)

Bumping to confirm how useful Eden equipment is to newbies, or otherwise starting out from scratch. They allow you to be somewhat practical without breaking anything.

I'd like to suggest a small adjustment though as far as the equipment and upgrades go:

Eden Group Weapon III should come with a quest that allows you to get it again, in case you sell it or couldn't choose the weapon you'd like OR would want to have all weapons. All classes should be able to choose between all weapons appropriate to their class (i.e. Thief/Rogue -> 1Handed Sword, Dagger, Bow)

Weapons Expert BK:

Instead of the usual ATK/MATK/HEAL bonuses he should add a new custom card to the Weapon III:

Eden Group Card (love to draw the card artwork for this)

A special card issued only by the Eden Group to its members.

Increases ATK, MATK and Healing power from all sources by 3%. Increases Magical damage by 10% and Physical damage by 20% towards all races.

Doing the quest again adds another card, to go with the doubling bonus he usually provides, for a total of 6%, 20%, 40%.

Healing power should also increase consumable heals.

Quest can be redone on all Weapon III's up until they have 2 Eden Group Cards on them. I.e. you get a different Weapon III or sell yours and get it again.

Blacksmith Thorn:

Only requires Iron Ore and Iron (all levels), never asks for Used Iron Plate (+81).

Possible Enchantments can be chosen by the player and will always yield the highest possible stat.
Def -> +12

MDEF -> +10

FLEE -> +12

CRIT -> +7

Any Stat -> +2

The Eden equipment is quickly replaced by stronger lategame gear, but to get to that point having something useful to go by will help new players immensly, instead of having to work with NPC shop equipment.

Edited by Morlord

I prefer iRO's hunting boards over Eden's too. I found the Eden boards to be pretty slow in comparison.

Also +1 Eden gear is good. 

I would definitely like eden at least for the starter gear.  I was pretty disappointed when I started on restart and learned eden wasn't in.

Having played both the Eden Group, and the iRO hunting boards, I think Eden Group is best suited for a server that HAS 3rd classes already to help you speed level to 3rd class. they basically hold your hand through the leveling process and are actually a bit slower, but will get you to 3rd class no problem especially on mid rate servers.

for a server like this, iRO hunting boards are the best. my only gripe about old iRO's is that they were not adjusted based on what you were hunting. 

For example, no one leveling is going to kill 150 archer skeletons or familiars before going to the next best spot to level. by then they will be able to kill things. (like isis for example when you are already in pyramid as is)

I recommend that for lower level mobs like poporing, familiar, etc, (good idea for newbies) you make them 15-30 for turn in and the mid level turn ins 35-50. then make middle and end game leveling boards 150 like normal. With of course, very mobby places with high mob density having sets of 300 (like Juperos).

Would be nice to get some boards or buffs to places that aren't necessarily dungeons like Nlflheim too. but that's just a personal feeling. I would like more places to be viable for different reasons. Niflheim is the best example i give because there are certain classes (crusader/hunter) who excel there while a lot of others truly struggle, but if there's no boards even with efficiency there was no reason to really level there on restart. 

Hi all, I have some mediocre news for those of you who are excited about Eden group equipment quests. We want to implement them, but after trans classes. The items rewarded from the eden group quests are pretty strong compared to what you can normally buy ingame. So we'd like to implement it after trans classes, as a future way to help people gear new characters or catch up to the established ones.

We want the server to last, so we don't want people to have too easy of a time to get great gear, sorry.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1