Sign in to follow this  
snow

Autotrade Expiration Timer

My suggestion is to add an expiration timer to @autotrade shops. The last server I played on had this (set at 48 hours) and it felt good. I think 3-7 days may be better, but the exact time limit isn't as important as just having one, in my opinion. The expiration would help the market/shops feeling fresh. Currently I've seen some shops every day since what seems like a couple days after the server opened with no changes. With forced shop resets, people will usually be more inclined to try and update their prices/inventories. Also, I fear some of these shops are created by players who no longer play. This just clutters Payon with extra shops that will never disappear. 

or they could reset everything during maintenance times, so everyone has to put their shop back post maint

Posted (edited)

+1 Have seen some shops that have been there since Day 1 and wondered if they even still play. One even said "RETIRED" on day 1 and I thought that was a joke but it's remained unchanged the whole time the server has been up so starting to think they were serious. :swt:

Once a week sounds good, as I always expected on iRO official that my shop would go down with the weekly maintenance.

Edited by Sairin
  • Like 1

With the addition of buying shops in this week's maintenance, we added a timeout to autotrade and autotrade is (temporarily) only available in Prontera, to encourage establishing a central marketplace that's not just 100+ shops scattered around Payon.