Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Loves U

Convenience Items(formerly of iRO cash shop) attainable in some way?

So this is probably going to get a lot of resistance, but hear me out completely here. Most of the cash shops items we all know are stupidly broken or fundamentally break the game. (hello WoE boxes, headgears/garments, quivers, bubblegum, battle manuals, etc.) There are, however, a few convenience ones I think could stand to be implemented without breaking the game. Simply, for pure convenience, and add more fun/weight to certain aspects of the game. The ones I focused on are items/buffs that are temporary in nature so they do not permanently affect anything. Nor do they offer you anything you can't already do in game. I've nerfed some of these in this proposal as I feel some of them may be too strong if just defaulted to the iRO standard. 

1. Beelzebub Wing

For those that don't know about these. Beelzebub Wing is basically just a fly wing that has unlimited uses and has zero weight. It's a temporary item, however, and lasts 30 days. I feel if we implemented these as a rare mvp drop on certain less desireable mvps (like white lady/osiris) or perhaps for use with Titan Tokens it could work. On iRO once opened they were account bound and could not be traded or dropped meaning 1 per account which balances them imo. Perhaps we could lower the time duration from 30 days to 14 days, but either way they don't do anything you can't already do besides free up some weight. Wouldn't affect WOE, and their biggest affect is in MVPing, which really is just saving a player 5 seconds or so to open their rodex and grab another 100 fly wings. You can't do anything with these that you otherwise couldn't do before, besides have a bit more convenience while MVPing. As someone who has played with and without one, I personally don't feel they break the game in any way, just a nice convenience.

2.) Halter 7 or 30 Day Leads

Now these are a bit more debate-able as they do give you an inherent in game speed advantage over other players, at the cost of not being able to do anything while riding them. They provide a lot of strength and utility, and perhaps may take a bit away from Peco Riding classes. However, I feel with adjustments to their core mechanics they could work. Shortening the time they exist for one would help by itself. As with B.Wing suggestion above, they are usually account bound, but I suggest they be character bound once opened. A permanent one just kind of breaks the game, but a nice temporary convenience should be ok. there are ways to tune them if they are inherently too strong like extending their lock out on getting on/off etc. This one is more controversial, but I don't think they are all that bad, especially as a temporary thing. 

3.) +10 Stat Food Buffs as Rewards from Battlegrounds

Food buffs are actually pretty damn strong and make a big difference in WOE/MVPing. They do fundamentally change the game, so this one is more of an outlier out of my suggestions here. They are available in game, but usually you need cook book, and ingredients, etc. On restart they were more of a standard than a luxury like they should have been. But on here, I feel we could make them an expensive reward for Battlegrounds rewards to encourage players to play the mode more and give it more enticing reasons to play. 

4.) Heavy Lifter Box (but noticeably nerfed)

Heavy Lifter is not necessarily as big of a deal or need as it was on restart with 70% overweight, but it is a nice convenience. The issue it may have here is if it makes high str classes have inherently little adv over low STR ones. However, I feel with it nerfed in two key ways we could make it work and it would be a nice convenience addition:

A.) Limit the cap of Gym Passes to 5. (1000 extra weight you can carry instead of 2000)

B.) Have them actually wear off after a set amount of time (14-30 days?)

1000 extra weight is effectively only going to add around 700 more than someone can carry, a good amount, but still less than what they added on restart (1000 effective weight). And since they can wear off, it ensures that players would only use the rare drop(spend in titan tokens, battle grounds points, mvp drops, etc.)  when they actually need to carry more weight rather than just defaulting to it and using it all the time. 

All of these can be nice convenience, but if their cost/availability is all expensive/limited/hard to get players would have to choose between maybe 1 of 2 at most rather than defaulting to all of them I think they could be a nice fun convenience for us all. 

I'm sure there are strong arguments against these and I'd love to hear other sides I haven't thought out or considered. so have at it

• Like 1

BG/WoE-bound foods are planned as a battleground reward, when cooking is available.

18 hours ago, Charlie Loves U said:

Heavy Lifter is not necessarily as big of a deal or need as it was on restart with 70% overweight, but it is a nice convenience. The issue it may have here is if it makes high str classes have inherently little adv over low STR ones. However, I feel with it nerfed in two key ways we could make it work and it would be a nice convenience addition:

A.) Limit the cap of Gym Passes to 5. (1000 extra weight you can carry instead of 2000)

B.) Have them actually wear off after a set amount of time (14-30 days?)

1000 extra weight is effectively only going to add around 700 more than someone can carry, a good amount, but still less than what they added on restart (1000 effective weight). And since they can wear off, it ensures that players would only use the rare drop(spend in titan tokens, battle grounds points, mvp drops, etc.)  when they actually need to carry more weight rather than just defaulting to it and using it all the time. 

There's a reason why STR gives carry weight over other stats. It's because the classes that get that stat are melee and need potions to survive or tend to pick up loot in parties. If you feel like you're lacking carry weight on classes that don't benefit from STR you could always incorporate 20ish STR in your builds, which isn't that costly for points.

On 6/25/2018 at 1:36 PM, Saegys said:

There's a reason why STR gives carry weight over other stats. It's because the classes that get that stat are melee and need potions to survive or tend to pick up loot in parties. If you feel like you're lacking carry weight on classes that don't benefit from STR you could always incorporate 20ish STR in your builds, which isn't that costly for points.

I understand how the game works. thats why I list these as convenience items. there's no way an extra 700 weight is gonna break the game.

and btw, flee champions do take dmg too ya know. magic dmg doesn't give a fuck about flee. 

and since we don't have beelz wing you can't carry many fly wings as a non str character. I already use my spare 20 points on int so i am not perma oom on my hunter. 

I understand the game is fine as is, but I also don't think there's anything wrong with a bit of extra convenience. 

Lol so these items are fine but Peco hair band n such are OMG can't exist. None of these items shouldnt be added imo. Halter lead is fun n makes the game more enjoyable. So does Peco hair band, clown wig, robo eyes, fish in mouth n so on. 

31 minutes ago, Tyrant said:

Lol so these items are fine but Peco hair band n such are OMG can't exist. None of these items shouldnt be added imo. Halter lead is fun n makes the game more enjoyable. So does Peco hair band, clown wig, robo eyes, fish in mouth n so on. 

well the problem with some of the items you mentioned is they are straight up best in slot gear that replaces all gear pretty much forever. Like Robo eyes is the best mid head gear forever for so many classes. why would you pick anything else. hell its a better binoculars. Fish In Mouth is a lower headgear that actually does something useful. peco hairband makes an mvp card that is already bad completely useless. 

I think they said they may implement some of the OP cash shop headgears as temporary event gear that has its effects disappear or removed altogether once the event ends. not confirmed though 100% 

11 hours ago, Charlie Loves U said:

well the problem with some of the items you mentioned is they are straight up best in slot gear that replaces all gear pretty much forever. Like Robo eyes is the best mid head gear forever for so many classes. why would you pick anything else. hell its a better binoculars. Fish In Mouth is a lower headgear that actually does something useful. peco hairband makes an mvp card that is already bad completely useless. 

I think they said they may implement some of the OP cash shop headgears as temporary event gear that has its effects disappear or removed altogether once the event ends. not confirmed though 100% 

Why does it matter if someone uses an actual good item instead of an AoA?  Should the end game be farming apples all day until one upgrades high enough?  Cuz this is awful to do especially since defense is basically useless. So more realistically you want to keep it at goto pyramids/payon caves, farm an AoA, +4 it(since upgrades/armor are useless) and that slot is done VS having something better to work towards why exactly?

As for Roboeyes being better binoculars so what?  One job can wear binoculars and every job is left with useless middle slots, this isn't justification to make a slot pretty much useless for everyone else.

Fish in mouth....... yet again why is the slot being actually useful a bad thing?

Peco hairband makes an MVP card useless that 99.9% of the players will never even have a hope of getting is your reasoning really?

You seem to want nothing but boring little stat sticks and in some cases stat sticks that only your job can use which is quite moronic.

10 hours ago, Tyrant said:

Why does it matter if someone uses an actual good item instead of an AoA?  Should the end game be farming apples all day until one upgrades high enough?  Cuz this is awful to do especially since defense is basically useless. So more realistically you want to keep it at goto pyramids/payon caves, farm an AoA, +4 it(since upgrades/armor are useless) and that slot is done VS having something better to work towards why exactly?

As for Roboeyes being better binoculars so what?  One job can wear binoculars and every job is left with useless middle slots, this isn't justification to make a slot pretty much useless for everyone else.

Fish in mouth....... yet again why is the slot being actually useful a bad thing?

Peco hairband makes an MVP card useless that 99.9% of the players will never even have a hope of getting is your reasoning really?

You seem to want nothing but boring little stat sticks and in some cases stat sticks that only your job can use which is quite moronic.

the thing is better gear does come over time or alternative options exist for the same class. like for example on my agi hunter I could go AoA or I could go Hairbrush. Both are viable. 

For middle headgear its mostly cosmetic and almost always has been with a few exceptions. same with lower headgear. 

I've suggested implementing OP cash shop stuff potentially as rare mvp drops but Trojal said that only furthers the gap for new players with those who have been on the server awhile or stockpile zeny. I personally think you have to be careful with it. having them as temporary event stuff is the best solution. we have our fun, but it doesnt mess with game balance. 

On 2018/6/25 at 4:00 AM, Charlie Loves U said:

i'd love it if we could atleast get these as you suggested like cap it at 5 gym passes, and have each pass cost like 10 or 20 tokens :)