Tyrant

MVP Drop Chance TOO LOW

1 hour ago, snow said:

When a post begins with

"I feel that the drop chance on mvp items is way too low for this server and they should be increased to ATLEAST the level of restart with VIP and bubble gum buff." 

there is no basis for a healthy back and forth. This guy was just a p2w player who has no idea of how to properly manage resources and play the game. So what can we discuss? 

Restart was an abomination of a server, and your experiences there should have 0 impact on the way we discuss this server. The more detached everyone gets from their time on restart, the better the discussions and server will become. This is not restart 2.0. 

So if i phrased it "lets raise drop chance to the same as origin, which has 7 times the player base" you would of reacted different?  My god do you people cling to dumb things, i say ohh lets increase drop rate by X amount and i give and example.  You don't like the server the example came from so you blow a gasket and try insulting me even though a good bit of people came from restart to here.  I explained that the drop chance is much worse than what people were use to and you guys go absolutely crazy.  Like charlie said you can't discuss anything with you people.  Just like hunter trap dmg can't be discussed and bowling bash nerf can't be discussed.  

I get it i truly do, you no life it and park on this game 18 hours a day and want to feel special for that.  You want to think hehehe i got these cards from farming for 36 hours, can't have someone getting a decent drop from an MVP which in your little mind is  taking value away from your hours of parking.  The problem is you can't seem to grasp the fact that this has nothing to do with you.  It's not an attack on your biggest loser status.  It is a hey MVPing is supposed to be profitable and it's not because of these reasons.  You fall under the trap hunter section(0 resources required, all profit) except you happen to be a wizard.  You cheese a couple bosses like eddga with stormgust devoting 0 resources and think its fine.  When you play something that actually costs something to mvp on your opinion changes.  This server has weird shit that makes monks not regen with fury, not regen for 5 min after gfist and a population that literally cannot supply enough SP items to properly gfist without paying absurd prices.

Stop being a baby thinking wahh if people make money from mvping it will devalue my hours of farming.  If you want your farming to be made completely pointless by the fact that you and the other 10 people like you will be the only ones playing keep it up.  Keep being jackasses to people that present problems and try to get things fixed to actually keep people having fun/playing.  So far this server has made anyone who enjoys a knight not want to play and now monks are about the same way. MVPing is a joke, you kill a boss 10+ times and have nothing to show for it.  If you like trap hunter and wizard though i guess its just great.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

LOL every post just makes you and your point look more ridiculous. 

The restart comment had nothing to do with the gum or any balance related to drop chances. It just shows that you came from restart within 2 sentences, and it explains it all. On restart, sp items were in the cash shop. There is no balance on a server with infinite free consumables. This 1 cash shop item alone fundamentally changes the entire server and invalidates your opinion in my eyes when your argument is centered around the cost of SP items. 

MVPing isn't just "supposed" to be profitable. It CAN be profitable if done right, and the factor is you. You could be a better/smarter/more efficient player and cut your costs substantially, but you make a choice to be bad/dumb/inefficient. I've MVPed with monk, wiz, and hunter on this server and have 0 complaints about profits. It's up to the player to evaluate their costs and expected returns from a given MVP and decide what class/method would be best for farming it. But you're arguing that you want to run around and kill MVPs that take upwards of 16 fists and spamming blues to do this many fists should be profitable? Are you going to try and solo ifrit with nearly 8M health and complain you didn't make your money back? If we increase rates so that monks can be profitable spamming blues, do bombers in trans then complain about MVPs being unprofitable when they spam acid bomb? Should we increase rates again so that every bomber can run around and make all their Z back from the bombs? This is what you are advocating for. If I told you right now I was spamming Acid Terror on MVPs on my alch and I wasn't making money, how would you respond?

I wish I could sit around for 18 hours a day and play, but bills don't pay themselves. I'm calling you a bad player because you wouldn't make a thread like this and articulate your argument in such a childish manner if you weren't. I'm being a "jackass" because threads crying for changes because the game is too hard are ridiculous. When you are struggling with something in-game, you should try to think outside the box for ways to play better, or ask for advice. Crying on the forums that the game is too hard and the server is going to die if my changes aren't implemented accomplishes nothing. 

This is a true non-profit low rate server. You know back in the day on official servers, there was no kafra shop? No gum, no VIP,  just 1x rates on everything? That's the idea of this server, but they've increased the rates on normal monsters because you're right, we don't have 18 hours a day to no life grind shit. MVPs ought to have some prestige attached to them. It feels good when an MVP you've been killing finally drops what you've been wanting, and you use it or sell it and know that there may not be many other people with this item. They should be hard/costly to kill for the average player (you) and the smart players will use the tools they have available to farm them more efficiently.

Edited by snow

40 minutes ago, snow said:

This is a true non-profit low rate server. You know back in the day on official servers, there was no kafra shop? No gum, no VIP,  just 1x rates on everything? That's the idea of this server, but they've increased the rates on normal monsters because you're right, we don't have 18 hours a day to no life grind shit.

We are all aware this is not iRO and we're all glad to play on non-p2w server but don't pretend TitanRO doesn't need improvement. Nobody will play on a low-rate pserv with no population in 2018 because everybody here have already finished this game a hundred times since the early 2000's. Rates 1~3 were fun back in the days when you had  800~1500 active players on average a weekday afternoon, when you had to hocus-pocus your own MvP if you wanted any, and when the amount of loots collectively dropped by a 50 players guild was enough to supply for WoE and PvP. Your arguments reeks of bad faith and ignorance. 

We don't have this environment anymore and most server end up dying because the lack of a real economy and it will happen to Titan as well in a few months if the population does not increase significantly in the coming weeks. That's why people are here trying to balance things that are already messed up and deter guilds from joining. Your claim that "Tyrant is crying because the game is too difficult" and that's you're part of the "smart players" just show that you have no clues about how this game works and that you probably never played on a real (read populated, competitive) server. 

I have been MvPing since the start of the server with my guildmates and already killed several dozens of MvPs (not just Eddga/Garm/GTB) and all we got since then was a lame Gungir and a Ring[1]. We decided to stop for a while and focus on leveling since MVPing was not profitable (not in term of zenies, but in term of time invested). We also delayed our Hocus-Pocus parties to later time since there is no interest in wasting so many gemstones for nothing. Competition for MvP is non-existent except for the ones easily soloable by trap hunters and monks, MvP roams free on their map most of the time. I am yet to see a single real organized MvP party (apart from ours). This is not about class balance (even if trap hunters desserve a nerf) and how you MvP, but how to provide enough items to the market so that every individual player in need of a specific item does not have to kill the MvP by himself until he drops what he needs because it is unavailable in shops. < this is what is happening right now, and not only for MvP items. 

TL;DR

MvPing is useless as it is right now and should be reworked along with BG and WoE in order to provide items in sufficient quantity to the market. Active population is too low. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

See, here’s a real post with valid points we can discuss. No one is pretending this server is perfect lol but keep misconstruing what I say. I’m saying that poorly articulated threads begging for large changes that will significantly impact the server are not beneficial. 

On to your points:

This server may never get to 500+ or whatever you consider to be an adequate population. I believe a lot of people don’t enjoy drop rates as low as 3x and I can’t fault them for that. Everyone has their preferences. But this server has been advertised as 5/5/3 with 1x MVP drops since the beginning. Everyone knows what they’re signing up for when they download the server. We shouldn’t just cater to demands of higher rates because that person finds it more fun. No one’s forcing you to play a low rate server like this.

Your next point was that some items are not currently in shops/accessible so you feel like you’ll never get it unless you hunt it yourself? Which items specifically have you been unable to buy in shops? Maybe these items could be looked at instead of buffing every drop off every MVP threefold.

Edited by snow

41 minutes ago, SabatonCBA said:

We are all aware this is not iRO and we're all glad to play on non-p2w server but don't pretend TitanRO doesn't need improvement. Nobody will play on a low-rate pserv with no population in 2018 because everybody here have already finished this game a hundred times since the early 2000's. Rates 1~3 were fun back in the days when you had  800~1500 active players on average a weekday afternoon, when you had to hocus-pocus your own MvP if you wanted any, and when the amount of loots collectively dropped by a 50 players guild was enough to supply for WoE and PvP. Your arguments reeks of bad faith and ignorance. 

We don't have this environment anymore and most server end up dying because the lack of a real economy and it will happen to Titan as well in a few months if the population does not increase significantly in the coming weeks. That's why people are here trying to balance things that are already messed up and deter guilds from joining. Your claim that "Tyrant is crying because the game is too difficult" and that's you're part of the "smart players" just show that you have no clues about how this game works and that you probably never played on a real (read populated, competitive) server. 

I have been MvPing since the start of the server with my guildmates and already killed several dozens of MvPs (not just Eddga/Garm/GTB) and all we got since then was a lame Gungir and a Ring[1]. We decided to stop for a while and focus on leveling since MVPing was not profitable (not in term of zenies, but in term of time invested). We also delayed our Hocus-Pocus parties to later time since there is no interest in wasting so many gemstones for nothing. Competition for MvP is non-existent except for the ones easily soloable by trap hunters and monks, MvP roams free on their map most of the time. I am yet to see a single real organized MvP party (apart from ours). This is not about class balance (even if trap hunters desserve a nerf) and how you MvP, but how to provide enough items to the market so that every individual player in need of a specific item does not have to kill the MvP by himself until he drops what he needs because it is unavailable in shops. < this is what is happening right now, and not only for MvP items. 

TL;DR

MvPing is useless as it is right now and should be reworked along with BG and WoE in order to provide items in sufficient quantity to the market. Active population is too low. 

Very nice :)

As I said above these people want the only source of income and gear in general to be endlessly farming because it's what they do and it puts them ahead of people that can't devote 18 hours a day farming.

This server with this population n drop chance is basically if you want something you have to go farm it yourself. Shops have mainly spotlight trash people are trying to pedal and you can't buy actual good stuff since people farm one of it for themselves n move on. 

4 minutes ago, snow said:

See, here’s a real post with valid points we can discuss. No one is pretending this server is perfect lol but keep misconstruing what I say. I’m saying that poorly articulated threads begging for large changes that will significantly impact the server are not beneficial. 

On to your points:

This server may never get to 500+ or whatever you consider to be an adequate population. I believe a lot of people don’t enjoy drop rates as low as 3x and I can’t fault them for that. Everyone has their preferences. But this server has been advertised as 5/5/3 with 1x MVP drops since the beginning. Everyone knows what they’re signing up for when they download the server. We shouldn’t just cater to demands of higher rates because that person finds it more fun. No one’s forcing you to play a low rate server like this.

Your next point was that some items are not currently in shops/accessible so you feel like you’ll never get it unless you hunt it yourself? Which items specifically have you been unable to buy in shops? Maybe these items could be looked at instead of buffing every drop off every MVP threefold.

It's not about catering to demands its about keeping people playing...  What don't you understand about if me and my friends choose to quit you lost 5% of the population? This server isn't in some position to shit on people. 

19 minutes ago, Trojal said:

Please try to stay on the topic of MVP drop rate.

This is on topic, if mvping is a waste of time people don't do it, get bored n quit. Mvping is a big reason for people to play. Here's a guy posting his party quit mvping as well because it's a bad time investment. 

9 minutes ago, snow said:

I do enjoy rates as low as 5/5/3 and I knew what I was signing for when I started playing: if the server is not able to reach a critical mass of players to have a healthy economy and competition, my friends and I will go play elsewhere. 

What you seem to struggle to understand is that everything in a game works in systems and if one aspect (be it PvM, PvP, MvP, leveling, class balance, drop) happens to be defective, the whole system stop to function correctly. 

The 1x drop rate of MvP loots is fine if there are people killing bosses regularly and if they can sell what they get to other players. Currently we have very few people killing the very easy MvPs while the rest are almost never killed. The too rare MvP loots don't end up in shops since they are too much needed to gear your own characters, or future characters. The things you don't need eventually reach a shop, but always grossly overpriced. 

What will happen when real MvPs (the one not easily  solo/duoable) comes in? Who will try to kill Randgris or Sniper Cécil, Satan Morroc, Beelzebub with such low chances to get a single valuable item when it cost a lot of time and effort?  

I remember I too, when I was 14, enjoyed to be the king of dead servers with very low population and rubbing high-end stuff in front of people's nose an calling them noobs for not being as devoted as me to the game. Then I grew up and realized I had spent 12 hours a day for months for nothing since I had no way to enjoy my hard earned stuff because nobody played PvP nor WoE...

To continue on a personal note, Cool But Angry has 6 active players for the moment, all of us are leveling and gearing several WoE characters alongside our personal mains for our 10+ friends (playing elsewhere or other games) to come play with us. Imagine the amount of items we need before each is WoE-ready and then compare what is available in shops right now. It really change the perspective when you start reasoning as a guild and look at the bigger picture, beyond your personal "I can play 10h a day so I'm fine"-case. Every serious guild is doing the same right now and are in the same position, it will take ages before we can attract more players at this rates. 

Welcome to the age of pampered guest-players.  

3 minutes ago, Trojal said:

Please try to stay on the topic of MVP drop rate.

This is right on topic, the rates of MvP drops cannot be discussed outside of the context of the current state of the server. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Newcomer to the server, but have been playing RO off and on since closed beta. Just thought I'd offer a few suggestions:

1. MVP Weekend (or specified days/dates): raise the rates on those days to vitalize the economy without having to worry about a large influx of the items that'll lead to market instability. This will also spur the population and competition for these hunts, which could lead to more player/guild activities. A foreseeable issue would be the lack of interest on the days with base rates (although this may garner interest from players trying to avoid competing for the MVP). 

2. Ascending rates: This would take some hardcoding or editing from an admin, but you could gradually increase the rates on the unhunted MVPs (to a specified max rate), until they are hunted and dropped back to the regular rate. 

3. Party bonus rate: Again, this would take hardcoding, but it would be nice to encourage a large party MVP hunting by raising the rates for MVP kills by a large party. I could see a few ways of accomplishing this via coding, but I've never looked into what language these emulators are developed in so I'm unsure of its capabilities. 

4. MVP/Mini-boss only Bubble Gum: A (non)tradable item that can be obtained via quest that will raise the drop rates for bosses and mini bosses only. Could also hold events to offer these as well.

5. Community driven raised rates: Either through events, logins, votes, participation (PvM, WoE, etc.), statistics (total kills, deaths, play time, etc) or otherwise that will reward us with a temporary increase in rates for a specified duration. This both indirectly and directly could help grow the active player base and increase the popularity of the server.

In terms of an opinion, I think there are valid points on both sides. A higher rate would help perpetuate the economy and allow for more players to get involved in buying/selling. On the flip side, too high of a rate would introduce too many copies and could potentially flood the market. It would definitely require some market analysis (i.e.- if MVP farmed at every min/max spawn time * current/raised drop rate * 30 day period = how many potential copies). 

I'm glad to see that amidst the controversy, there are some strong arguments for both cases. Ultimately, it's up to the server owner(s) and what they envision for their project. 

Edited by SilentJohn
Wording.
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

After mvping for the better part of the last week or so I can confidently say MVP-ing is by far more often than not, not worth the investment. Even if I were to be getting drops (spoilers: I'm not), it still wouldn't be worth. Hell a lot of the time I don't even get the trash common drops like piece of shield from Lord of Death or Ori/Elu. 

We could easily double the drop rates of MVPs straight up and it would honestly be fine. We're ok with MVPs being spot light and getting increased drop rate from that, why not just disable MVPs from spotlight drop rate and just double their rates across the board and call it a day at this point. Mistress right now is double drops and its not like you are seeing a sudden surge in her items hitting the market. It's not going to break the game. 

Its getting beyond frustrating. I'm spending all my time just to invest into MVP-ing and then I'm multi clienting priests, warpers, merchant to send myself fly wings/white pots, etc. and I'm still not getting any pay off for it whatsoever. 

I'll be straight up. I'm an RO purist, I'm a grinder, and I love to fight through the bad RNG, but this is just not healthy for the server at this point. Its the point where its not really fun anymore to try to MVP. And its literally my favorite aspect of RO. For me to not be enjoying it says how frustrating it is. there is too much work for so little pay off, even for someone as patient as myself. 

Please strongly consider just buffing the rates of non card drops. I still think cards should be 0.01, but the regular drops could stand to be dropped higher because our lower population. 

Edited by Charlie Loves U
  • Like 1

Well, all i can say is that i agree with charlie last post we dont see a big amount of items from mvps in spotlight so increasing it wont kill the server.

Having all gears and be done with pve rly kills the server, but not having much variation on content here and pple not getting enough reward on their efforts also kills it.

u have to find a good effort/reward ratio and right now reward side feels low

Thanks for the constructive feedback regarding boss drop rates! For now we're going to keep the drop rates as they are, because we're considering long term balance, in terms of trans classes as well, such as Champions and Biochemists, and the availability of items on the server in 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year from now.