Sign in to follow this  
Shiro Yusuke

Shiro's Guide to TU Priests

Posted (edited)

Let me start by saying that this is the first time I've made a guide, so forgive me if formatting is weird. I wanted to make this because I've seen several people ask questions about leveling spots or builds for Priests. Here are my thoughts and findings playing a TU Priest.

OVERVIEW: TU stands for Turn Undead. This is a Priest skill that has a chance to instantly kill an undead monster, regardless of how much hp it has (bosses and mini-bosses are UNAFFECTED, so don't try it on them, but champion monsters are fair game). TU's success rate is based on your INT, LUK, and Base Level. The builds I will show you have anywhere from a 45% to 48% success rate by the time you start leveling at Anubis (more on that later).

BUILDS

I am going to show you two builds. One is more of a TU/FS (Full Support) Hybrid and the other is a build "finely tuned to slay Anubis," or more of a PvM build (good for leeching if you so desire). Note that the stats shown are BASE stats, I will mention gears a little later that will affect stats somewhat.

TU/FS Hybrid

1 STR

1 AGI

83 VIT

78 INT

51 DEX

51 LUK

This build has decently high VIT for your typical support with a fair amount of DEX for cast time reduction. It may not have as much VIT, INT, or DEX as other FS Priests, but it still does quite well and can easily switch from solo TU leveling to party leveling.

PvM Build

1 STR

71 AGI

75 VIT

70 INT

31 DEX

34 LUK

This build has high AGI to dodge the other mobs in Sphinx 4. With that amount of AGI, you should be able to 95% dodge Minorous, 80% dodge Pasanas, and 70% dodge Mimics.

LEVELING

From here, I am going to outline my path as I leveled my TU Priest (using the TU/FS Hybrid build). Feel free to change anything you wish as I am a pretty patient and stubborn person and will not pretend to know the optimal ways and methods to level at every possible point. I will mention where I leveled, what gear I tried to get, and what stats I pumped.

As a Novice and and Acolyte, I pumped my INT until it was 77 (I love Pest Cards too much not to have at least that much INT). I leveled in Payon Caves (first level until I got Pneuma, second level until I got Blessing 10), Heal-Bombing Zombies and Skeletons, then Soldier Skeletons and Archer Skeletons (don't forget to use /ns to make life a little easier). While there, make sure you get an Opal from a Zombie and a Crystal Blue from a Black Mushroom. Here’s the order I got my skills:

Heal 3 > AGI 1 > Heal 5 > Pneuma Tree > Heal 10 >  Divine Protection 5 > Blessing 10

After getting Blessing 10, I visited the Prontera Church to get 3 Rosaries and Holy Light (which ate one of the Rosaries). I then made my way to Amatsu so I could access Firelock Soldiers as a leveling spot (though you may be able to do this sooner). While there, beware of the two Shinobi on the map. With AGI, you should be able to out run them, so with clever running and circling back, you can shake them off your trail. At some point while at Firelocks, you will reach 77 INT (perhaps a bit sooner). I then took VIT to 20, DEX to 30, VIT to 30, and then LUK to 49. As for your Acolyte skills, here is how the rest went for me:

Dec. AGI 1 (good on those Shinobi) > AGI 10 >  Aqua Benedicta > Cure > Angelus 2 > Dec. AGI 2

Yes. Go job 50. There are too many useful skills not to. After completing the Priest Job Change, return to Amatsu until you get TU 10. Hopefully you find an Apple of Archer along the way. Here’s the progression I took:

Magnificat 3 > Recovery > Inc. Spiritual Power 4 > Resurrection 1* > Lex Div. 3 > TU 10

*Note: It is at this point that I made an archer/hunter to hunt other gears for myself, specifically a Poo Poo Hat (Smokie Card if you want), Thara Frog Card, and Buckler. Those will be important for Anubises later.

After getting TU 10, head to Glast Heim Church to kill Evil Druids. Hopefully you can pick up an Evil Bone Wand, Ragamuffin Manteau, and Evil Druid Card. I did a lot of partying around this time as well, so I started to get helpful support skills and started pumping VIT and DEX to 50. Here is how I got my skills:

Kyrie Eleison 4 > Gloria 3 > KE 10 > Resurrection 4 > Lex Div. 5 > Lex Aeterna > Gloria 5

That should leave you with 6 skill points left. I ended up getting Magnificat 5 and Aspersio 1 though I probably should have gotten Suffragium.

At this point, you should be ready to try Anubises in Sphinx 4. I rounded out my INT to 78 (for a final heal bonus at level 99), DEX to 51 (because of how stat points worked out), and LUK to 51 (so I could have 90 LUK with Gloria, one Rosary and one Hiding Clip or Phen Clip, whichever I liked). A Bathory Card would be extremely helpful, but not required (I didn’t have my Bathory Card until level 98), but you will have to keep KE up and be careful with mobs. The last stat to finish off should be VIT at 83. Try to get an over-upgraded Healing Staff from Anubises. Anything +4 or higher is more than the next heal bonus at 78+15 INT.

From 98 to 99, I was able to kill around 110-120 Anubises per hour, which is around 15.5-16.9 million base exp per hour. Not too bad for a fairly cheap character that can hunt most of its own gears itself.

If you have any questions, comments, thoughts, or improvements, please feel free to add them below or let me know in game. Special thanks to Lapaco and Sairin as I looked to their guides for guidance on my layout and to a fellow Evil Council member for giving me some insight into the PvM TU Priest build.

Edited by Shiro Yusuke

Once you get to Firelocks, everything is fine (in my opinion). It can be rough, but if you treat it as an "I'm hunting for an Apple of Archer or some Skeleton Soldier Cards to sell," it's a bit easier.

I got an AoA <3

The big problem is the uptime you know? I can kill like 2 mobs and then i have to sit down... One question, do we use Holy light for leveling or just stick to heal bomb all the way untill TU?

Heal Bomb until TU. Yes, SP is going to be an issue for a while (until Magnificat as Priest), but be patient. It gets better. Hopefully you level up relatively quickly so you get your SP back. Another way to conserve SP is to figure out how many heals it takes to kill an enemy and change the heal level (with the mouse wheel if you have one) to a lower level to finish it off when it's low on HP. I remember it taking 3 Heal 10s and 1 Heal 3 to kill Firelocks at some point in my adventuring.

Holy Light is used for small, annoying things that can't be hurt with Heal/TU, at least until Soul Linkers come. I'm one that likes having all options available to himself.

Also, something I forgot to mention about Firelocks: They cannot hit you through Pneuma with their regular attacks BUT THEY CAN hit you with skills if they are within 4 squares of you EVEN IF you have Pneuma up. Always try to stay 5 or more squares away, even with Pneuma, just in case.

Posted (edited)

Dude its impossible to complete the amatsu quest LOL.. The entrace to the shrine is full of mobs and those damn Hidras aswell..

Nevermind, just teleported right in front of the portal hahaha

Edited by Soldierpack