Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Loves U

Let's have monks regen naturally after fisting and in fury, here's why

Posted (edited)

currently on our server, there is a 5 minute lockout on regen for SP naturally for monks after using Asura Strike/G Fist. Not only that, but monks also do not regen sp while in fury state. (note that it is not like this on official servers)

This means they eat even more blue pots than necessary even when completely uncontested for mvps. Generally speaking if you are uncontested on official servers you just sit down and regen rather than waste expensive blues, but on this server its not an option.

I personally feel it would help the MVP scene out a lot as there is not a lot of competition for me right now. Its just me and Anomaly, and a lot of that comes down to cost. Even between MVPs I have to pot or wait 5 minutes which is way too long. It's just entirely unnecessary on a server population this small. I really think monks shouldn't have so much cost associated with them, and rather than tweak balance in items (like making sp items more available) we could just do this and it would help a ton. would also create competition just by nature. more people are willing to do mvps since all they have to do si sit uncontested in between fists, multiple people start mvping and then competition begins. then they can use their blues on the mvps they really want to go after. 

MVP scene is almost completely dead and I can go at almost any time and get any MVP I want. And even knowing that I don't MVP often due to the sheer cost associated with MVPing. It also would not affect pvp/gvg as you aren't gonna be able to sit down in the middle of a GVG or PVP anyway. 

Edited by Charlie Loves U

Most of the code we use is based on and tested against kRO -- from what I know, the Fury and Asura SP regen mechanics on Titan are the same as what they have in the Korean official renewal servers.

1 hour ago, Trojal said:

Most of the code we use is based on and tested against kRO -- from what I know, the Fury and Asura SP regen mechanics on Titan are the same as what they have in the Korean official renewal servers.

perhaps that is how it is on kRO, but on iRO that is definitely not the case. and I feel even if it is the thing on official servers for kRO, it would be very beneficial to the mvp scene here to allow monks to regen easier when uncontested. 

Make fury usable!

Not only for Gfist, but for agi-monks! Fury is one of very stupid self-debufs for a job that relly on skills and constant sp usage. We have already +30 crit spear quicken for crusaders that does not have any weak side and in case of monks for only +20 crit it cost entire sp regen for them.

Don't forget that Monk Spirit (Soul Link) grants SP regen dury fury state as one of its primary benefits.

Soullinks to Monks and Champions, giving them special buffs for the skill's duration.
- The Combo Finish attack becomes a 5x5 cell splash attack.
- SP Cost of combo skills is decreased.
- Allow SP regeneration in Critical Explosion state.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Trojal said:

Don't forget that Monk Spirit (Soul Link) grants SP regen dury fury state as one of its primary benefits.

Remove monk spirit and problem solved!

///ugh~ Linker-Slaves on second window is what we needed?

Edited by Sunny Milk
typo~

On 7/11/2018 at 7:24 AM, Trojal said:

This is the same logic that is being applied to MVPing and its bad.  This isn't some established high population server.  This cripples monks atm.  Combo monks literally can't use fury and asura monks are completely screwed on SP items.

We will be enabling natural regen after Asura, but keeping no regen during Fury (or during Soul Link status, Monks will regen SP during Fury status).