Sign in to follow this  
Mareep55

My Mobile Features Suggestions

Here are my suggestions based on what I've observed so far when using the mobile version 234 as a main way of playing.

- Enable rotate camera when creating a new character.

- Make the TitanRO Guidebook usable when sitting as it takes slightly more effort to sit and stand in mobile compared to PC.

- Enable basic chat commands like /sit and /stand and other basic functionality found in PC.

- Enable a way to get rid of the Cash Shop icon especially since it is not even used in this server.

- Enable Map Indicators as some quest require you to find locations on the minimap.

- Add at least basic simplified WOE effects to let players know on what is even happening more clearly.

We'd love to have all of that and more on the mobile client, but sadly that's not up to us; the person developing AndRO is completely independent from us and has only adapted a version that works for our server.

The biggest priority right now is to make it more stable, seeing how many people seem to have trouble with it crashing (for example because of DA crits).

If it were up to me, I'd add features like mail, bank, achievements, attendance rewards and navi, since those are all things you currently can't use at all on mobile.

(Then again, it was never meant to be the only way people play the game, from its inception, afaik)

Well, I hope you could at least please pass on these suggestions to the developer then.

And among these suggestions I think the TitanRO guidebook is something that you can work in since it's specific for this server.

I'd like all the features myself and aside from the important crashing bugfixes, I chose these specific features as the minimum base level of features needed to at least play the game casually. Like for example, aside from fancy UIs of PC, mobile character creation almost contain the minimal barebones needed to get the same PC experience. It just needs that "rotate character" preview and it will be functionally the same as PC without the pretty fluff of aesthetics. And most importantly it is probably relatively easier to implement too I assume which is one the main benefits of these suggestions in my opinion.

If I'd rank the most necessary features of my suggestions it's having a Map Indicator because some quest are unplayable without it. Followed by WOE effects because this game heavily features skills it stands to reason to at least provide a way to have an indication that said skills are in use. Probably the next would be the rotate character preview but only because it is the only thing missing to make that section of the game complete functionally speaking.

The mobile app may just be the most convenient thing to persuade newcomers to try the game at least nowdays because of surge of mobile popularity. People who may not be interested in investing time in the game due to having limited access to PC can do so at the comfort of their own smartphones whenever and wherever. I think its important to look into this now more than ever at least in my opinion.