Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Loves U

New Ways to acquire Costumes

A lot of the good costumes will come and go and never be available again which is sad especially if the server's population picks up. A lot of the better costumes will straight up never be available again since they were released very early on in the servers life.

My first suggestion s to make a Legacy Costume Egg where all the costumes that are not in the current two can be acquired at random from these eggs. It makes it harder and harder to acquire the older ones, so it doesn't ruin their value, but it does make them at least possible to obtain (in theory). 

My second suggestion is to implement quests to acquire some of the more popular costumes so those are at the very least always available. I personally suggest making quests that involve a combination of normal mob drops and maybe "useless" mvp drops that have no real purpose a lot of the time. (like ba gua or gear that gets quickly outdated due to progression) Pick some of the more common popular costumes like Eremes Scarf, Bio Labs Aura, etc. and make them quest-able. A good example could be for the bio aura you need 300 Research Charts + 500 handcuffs or something along those lines. 

My last suggestion is to potentially implement a special costume egg that rewards loyalty to the server through daily login rewards. Make daily login rewards IP bound, and after 30 days (or however many days you want to set it at) you get a loyalty egg that includes an exclusive costume that you can only get by being loyal to the server. 

We'll be adding a legacy costume egg around the time of the winter holidays, which has a chance to contain all of the previously released eggs.