Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Loves U

Personal Daily Mob Idea (personal spotlight)

Idea here is each player/character can go to Eden, talk to an npc and get their daily mob worth a set amount of exp for the HP group/level they are at. Regardless of mob it could be worth the same exp so as to be fair. The mob would be unique to that player, sort of like a PERSONAL spotlight. Because the exp is the same from the bounty reward the only difference is the base exp earned while killing the mobs themselves. Could be a larger amount of kills required to get the big chunk in exp like 150-200 instead of the usual 100. Renewal does something like this to an extent in gramps in that they have a place you can go, kill a huge amount of mobs, and get a large chunk of exp and then it goes on cooldown. For this set up my idea is to give people a daily turn in, that is unique. this encourages people to go to different places rather than camp spotlights only. Spotlights are fun, but it results in the market being oversaturated and players only going there for the time they exist. They would be less of an issue in my eyes if people had more reason to spread out. And since this is a daily turn in, I feel it benefits hardcore/casual players alike. It also is another reason to login daily. 

I'm not sure if this would need to replace current spotlights, but I think both can co exist. One drawback I can foresee is this encourages solo leveling for a short time. If the staff is against this idea overall, the alternative way of doing it I can suggest is to have the OPTION (so solo players can still benefit) to have a party leader get the daily mobs for an entire party and a group of people can do it together all at once. There would be no other benefit to doing it other than the speed at which the group can do it. You could also make it party based only which forces people to play together to get the daily benefit, but I feel giving them both options is the safer route to make players potentially feel better about it. 

The general theme I chose with all of my suggestions is to aim at benefiting players with limited time, while not taking away from the most efficient way of leveling (consistent parties either moving or static in one place) 

• Like 1